Saturday, January 5, 2013

The American Degree

The following topic has been on my heart for the longest time. I was debating wither or not to blog about this because I knew that I might offend some people and they might not understand why I think this way, but I thought about it, and was like...WHATEVER....I'm going to write about this anyways....

THEE.AMERICAN.COLLAGE.DEGREE....Yes, I spelled college wrong...on purpose...it's an inside Russian joke...if you want to know what it is...ask me...I was also a SPELLING NAZI from Kindergarten to about 10th grade...and to this day it STILL drives me insane when people spell words wrong.....

Growing up, I was taught that getting a college degree in America was one of the best educational steps one could take. Naturally, I just believed what the people around me at the time said about this. As I got older, observing this life, I saw that humanity came from all parts of the world wither it be Africa, Asia, Europe or South America to get the so called "Prestigious American College Education". This fact was so humbling to me, that these dear souls did whatever it took to get there dream degree in America. Studying long hours back in their home country to get the highest grades possible, working long hours and studying at the same time to pay for their American education...Their dedication leaves me speechless....

What I will NEVER understand to this day, me being the Crazy Cultural soul that I am, is WHY the majority of degrees from any other part of the world that's NOT American is not valid in America. But then, if one decides to get an American degree, it's valid throughout the world. WHAT.THE.HELL? When did America decide that it could become the dominant country when it comes to college degrees? It doesn't make sense to me, so you're telling me, let's say for example when my fellow Bosnian decides to get  a bible degree at his Bosnian bible college, and then come to America it's not accepted, but if an American gets a bible degree and goes to Bosnia and it's accepted? So an "American biblical degree" is worth more than a "Bosnian biblical" degree?  My soul feels SO SICK and DISGUSTED at this thought. Maybe there are loopholes for biblical degrees worldwide, but insert the degrees (business, psychology, veterinary science, doctor, lawyer...etc) It's hypocrisy. EVERYWHERE. I mean seriously, reality is, European and Asian countries throughout the world rank higher in education than America...So why are people coming to this country to get an education, if their home country at the end of the day is smarter than America? It's simply CORRUPT. Here's a REAL example. So my deartest Lietuvis Tete (Lithuanian Father) went to college in Lithuania and graduated as a Veterinary Doctor. When he came to America, his degree wasn't accepted.....So my dad went back to college a second time and got another degree....DANG..talk about motivation and perseverance...I don't think I would EVER go through that hell TWICE in a row...Its SO unjust...America's whole college degree acceptance system...and this nation BRAGS like hell how we're such a DIVERSE nation......if we claim to be this freakin " DIVERSE Melting Pot".........then why aren't we embracing the ENTIRETY of one's culture?...not just the aspects that we want to?.....

This brings me to the whole Lithuanian 2013 year. This upcoming fall, I plan ( by God's AMAZING financial grace hopefully) to finish my 3 years of studies I have left at Lithuania Christian College International in Klaipeda, Lithuania. This whole situation has caused much controversy in my life. I KNOW VERY WELL dearest friend the day I drew that line with my own Lithuanian blood in my heart that getting an EU degree means it WILL NOT transfer back to America....I LAUGHED tears of joy. I don't FREAKIN CARE. This is my Lithuanian heart on paper for the eyes of this world to see...IT.WILL.NOT.TRANSFER.BACK.TO.AMERICA. I'm completely fine with this reality. This is my declaration as a Lithuanian to this world. JUDGE.AWAY. say it's foolish. Spit in my face that your American English degree has "more value" than my Lithuanian English degree...go ahead...I'll look deeply into your eyes with my haunting serious poetic hazel green eyes as you do so...and I'll SMILE...from ear to ear....

I think it depends on who you are and where you're going in this beautiful life. For some people, an American degree is their dream...I just want to clarify ONE last time to the following people...(you know EXACTLY who you are) THE AMERICAN COLLEGE DEGREE WAS NOT MY DREAM...AND NEVER WILL BE. For others, like me, getting an EU degree in Lithuania means ALOT more to me even though in society's eyes in may not be valuable globally.....

It's valuable to me in my heart...

this my dearest friend...is absolutely PRICELESS...

No comments:

Post a Comment