Thursday, April 18, 2013

Her Tears

An abstract interpretation of an Eastern European life...
(actual names have been changed)

She'll never forget standing on my mocute's (grandma) cute little European lawn, or shall she say a mass of messy  green Euro afro that hadn't been combed in a while...
Her dearest  seima (family) stood right before her eyes,
it was mid summer, the cherry trees were ripened and the aroma was in the air
the sun was slowly setting in the small village,
Mindaugas looked her in the eyes,
her cute 15 year old self,
a tear fell from her hazelnut colored eye,
he kissed her on the cheek, and whispered,
I'm sure I'll see you next year....I promise....
The tears kept streaming down her face,
and she tried to smile, but she just couldn't bare to say goodbye to such a beautiful soul,
"Yes, Mindaugas, I promise, one year, and we'll see each other again...I promise...."
She slowly started to laugh...even giggle....of course, I'll see you soon!
She hugged everyone else goodbye and carefully walked through the front white gate...
turned around one last time into the golden sunset and smiled...one year....one year......I'll be back dearest Lietuva....

One year passed by..............
She didn't come back..................
Mindaugas sat by himself on a porch swing, putting his arm around what he wished was her.........

Two years passed by.............
She didn't come back.............
Mindaugas walked the cobblestone nightlife streets of Vilnius, the world was laughingly alive....but Grazyna was not there.....

 Three years passed by......
She didn't come back......
Mindaugas looked in the Baltic blue eyes of a lover........but they weren't Grazyna's hazelnut eyes....


Four years passed by....
She still hadn't come back.....
He pulled out a tattered coffee stained journal....love sonnets, poems, songs, dried wild flowers and roses sweetly danced within theses pages...........he looked up, but the flash of lights were too bright...

Five years passed by.........
Grazyna ran with all her soul inside of her into mocute's lawn....
the persona of the air was different,
the cherry trees had withered,
the village dogs were not cheerfully barking,
the grass had turned into a mere patch of dirt,
she looked up at the sky and the once golden sun was drowned out by the terrifying blackness of clouds......
She ran inside the house.......
Mocute!!!! Oh how I've missed you!!!  I can't believe it's been 5 years....Mocute smiled sweetly, but with a sense of pain.....
"Mocute, where is Mindaugas!?!?!?
"Grazyna.....would you like some tea?, let's sit down and talk..."
Mocute, what do you mean? What happened to Mindaugas?
"My dearest dearest dukra.....I have to tell you something..."
"What is it!?!?!?"
"There was an accident last year....Mindaugas...is...."
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!, Grazyna ran outside....collapsed to the ground and started to cry as her heart died.


She wiped the dust away from his gravestone, and once again collapsed herself to the ground...and she just cried ever so passionately, everything within her heart, her soul, her, mind, her dreams her passions, and just scream cried out, "Mindaugas, I'm SO SORRY, my dear God, I'm SO SORRY!!! I WAS TOO LATE.....God, I was TOO LATE!!!! I broke my promise!!!! I BROKE MY PROMISE....5 YEARS WAS TOO LATE.....I WAS TOO LATE.......5 YEARS TOO LATE.......too late to tell you....Mindaugas....that I Grazyna.....I loved you..............


Worth The Pain ~Disciple https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX0aaYIUSKw




No comments:

Post a Comment