Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Dreamer

This is the country where dreams go to die.

I stood there frozen, looked them in the eyes and replied, "I am a dreamer..."
The voices grew louder,
THIS is THE country where dreams DIE....
My heart started to race as I said a little louder, "I AM a dreamer..."
They SCREAMED.
THIS IS THE COUNTRY WHERE DREAMS DIE!!!
A tear streamed down my face, and I hopefully and calmly said...."I am a dreamer..."
I continued to look at them, deeply into their eyes, their gaze not losing mine and I confidently proclaimed,

"Viešpaties Dvasia ant manęs
nes jis patepė mane
kad neščiau gerają naujieną vargdieniams
Pasiuntė skelbti belaisviams išvadavimo
akliesiems regėjimo
siuntė vaduoti prislėgtujų
ir skelbti Viešpaties malonės metų..."  Luko 4,18-19


and somehow out of the blackened barren ashes of scarred hearts and soul torn flesh I found the strength to carry on...


No comments:

Post a Comment