Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Polish Boy




I’ll never forget that night
It was one of those evenings that you dream of that only happen in books or movies
The last thing I dreamed of is that it would happen to me
It was a cloudy warm summer German night
For some reason in my heart I felt that I should go play guitar
And so I took my dearest colorfully musically clown barfed Ruslana Evelyn
And walked into the unknown darkness of this European forest
I sat down on the wavy green grass, and started tuning my guitar
The tuning was taking a long time, and I was getting frustrated,
Finally, moments later I inhaled my first musical breath on German soil,
And as I was about to strum a G,
I heard a rustling of footsteps behind me,
A young man wearing a hooded sweater,
Walked closer and closer,
My heart started racing, waiting for him to reveal his identity,
He then took off his hood,
And my Lietuve heart just died.
It was my Polish crush.
I thought to myself,
Is God really that good?
How in the world did he know I was here?
Seriously mano Jezus, TOLI!?!?!? TOLI!?!?!? TOLI!?!?!?!?
He smiled and calmly said, “I hope I didn’t interrupt anything, mind if I join you?”
I was just sitting there like WOW……just WOW……this is too good to be true, and I was like yeah, that’s just fine.
We then started sharing our life stories and his curiosity just made my soul smile
We continued to sit there and stare off into the black stormy lighteningy sky,
I realized this moment was an answered prayer.
I dreamed my whole life of this very hour,
That I would be blessed to meet my European generation, who passionately loved Jesus,
And get to share my musical heart & story with them.
As this young Polish man talked, I couldn’t help but gaze into his sparkling light blue glass eyes as they reflected off the distant lightening.
I honestly couldn’t have asked for a better way to start this European adventure.
I will forever hold this moment close to my Lietuve heart.
Dearest Polish boy, for your sweet kindness and boldness…….thank you so much.
You have inspired my life in ways you may never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment