Sunday, July 21, 2013

SMS Blog Update #4




As week 5 of SMS 13’ comes to a close I’m so thankful to be here. Just a quick summary of what else has been happening. On Saturdays, our missions school does an outreach in Dresden,  (one of the larger cities in Germany) We are divided into 8 different groups, Art, prayer, music, dance, cinema, drama etc. I have the blessing of being the leader of the dance ministry group. I never expected this opportunity to arise, but it wonderfully has. My dance ministry team consists of 2 lovely young women. Maira from Brazil, and Ana from Madrid. As a missions school, we set up our groups by this large tree in one of the parks in Dresden in the afternoon to the late evening. This week for the dance ministry we hope to have a space where people can come and dance for fun. Then, I’m hoping to dance to this evangelistic metal core song by the band For Today. After that Ana will teach a salsa lesson, and we are trying to put together a fire spinning show. I am curious to see how this outreach will go. Aside from the weekly outreaches, life has been wonderful. I’m enjoying the daily lectures and learning about what it truly means to love Jesus with everything inside of me. It’s been such a blessing to be living in a small village that is directly immersed in God’s nature. It’s so refreshing, it’s hard at times to realize my entire summer will mostly be spent in the middle of German nowhere, but I think I’ll survive anyways. The weather is about 16 Celcius, with cool gentle breezes and sunny. I honestly can’t complain. God blessed me with an amazing dear sister. She is from Croatia, and it’s been such a blessing to hang out with her. Our missions school also had a Brazilian and Polish barbeque. Eating Polish food, reminded me of how much I miss eating Lithuanian food.  In about 2 weeks, our missions school is going to do our week long international out reach. Destinations include Madrid, Berlin, Polish Woodstock, Poltava, Ukraine, Beirut, Lebanon, Istanbul,Turkey. I’ve been praying about where God is leading me to go to. I’ve been debating wither or not to go to Poltava or Polish Woodstock. In Poltava the outreach there is going to bring Steiger 13’s Brazillian metalcore band to minister to the clubs and night life in Ukraine. Polish Woodstock is Europe’s largest secular music festival that gets up to one million people from all over Poland and Europe. The atmosphere there is very hardcore. There is drugs and drinking. For the past several months, as I pray I believe God is calling me to go to Polish Woodstock to do evangelistic outreach. I’m excited and terrified at the same time. It is going to be a very challenging experience, but I know that it will be worth it.  Also this past week, I’ve had the blessing with connecting with more Polish missionary families. I’m so excited to make these connections for future ministry opportunities in Poland and Lithuania. I feel as though my thoughts are very jumbled, but I hope dearest friend that this gives you a more clear picture of what God has been doing in my life these past weeks.  Thank you so much for your prayers and support!
Love you all so much,
God Bless,
~Aiste <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment