Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Box

The following excerpt was inspired by this one beautiful person I once met who dared to be her complete self and change the world through the radical vision God gave her...

I can't do this! I can't do this!! she screams out in terror
He tells her, "my dear child, I believe in you,"
you CAN do this,
She says "I'd rather be put in a box,
put my life in a mere box, and be locked away forever",
He tells her, "your life is worth so much more than you think, don't choose the box"
She says, "I'm tired of this SO tired of being different,
the task you have have laid before my very eyes is too overwhelming,
I can't do this! You have the wrong person! Why me!? Why me?! she cries out in agony...
I'd rather be a camellion  that drowns in the endless color of this world,
This torment of people silently judging me for being me!
I can't go on like this"...tears slowly cascade from her sweet face,
He tells her, "my child why do you care what other people think? It doesn't matter, and never will matter, You are absolutely beautiful and I love you for who you truly are"...
She falls silent..."why then does every day, every day of my life seem like such a battle, such an endless fight as if someone tied a stone around my neck and my head tries to stay above the vast ocean water, but fails to do so?
Why do You "curse" me with such a passion that has so many unanswered questions, so much unpredictability, so many unknowns?!"
He tells her, "trust me dear child, I know what I am doing, in My timing I will make all those things right that you ever so doubt"...
She writes with a piece of blue chalk,
"You lift me up when I am weak,
Your arms wrap around me,.....
So I'm letting go" (The Afters)
She leans against the wall chalkboard as tears stream down the blackness,
her hands slide down the words she writes,
leaving an abstractness of smeared hand prints,
She looks up towards the starry night sky,
as tears like waterfalls flood her beautiful face, soul and heart,
She says,
"Father God....I never thought I'd be able to say this but,
"I'm letting go".....

Lift Me Up by The Afters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBy2D8p5Kpw

No comments:

Post a Comment