Monday, December 21, 2015

Heart Language

I wanted to throw up I was so nervous
What was I doing here?
7,000 kilometers across the ocean for this?
I stood there mesmerized and taken in
reflecting back on every moment of musical inspiration
oh those priceless memories of  my childhood past
I wished you could have lived through them with me
then you would understand
now you never will
it was a moment lost in time
that perhaps did not culturally cross over as I expected
I felt so unworthy to stand there
the red lights charismatically dancing
this was the land of my flesh and blood
I looked them in the eye
our hearts were so different
as night is from the day
I silently prayed and just gave it all back to You
For this moment
for this hour
It was all for You, Your beautiful glory, heart and passion.
Perhaps the onlooking world will never quite understand
but at this point it doesn't matter,
and so I began to sing
in my UNheart language
Oh the sweet lingering melodies of this UNheart language
filled the air as an aroma of perfume
You truly understood this reflection
even if I didn't...

those memories of 18 years, nostalgically came back, she would have flown into the heavenlies
oh but how life changes
when you least expect it

One day you find yourself standing in the middle of an American charistmatic worship service passionately dancing and singing to Jesus

the next day standing in the middle of an American Christian metal mosh pit passionately dancing and screaming  for God's glory

the day after that looking into the soul of Europe...
oh those artistic streets of Dreseden
dusty rock corners of Polish woodstock
those childrens watery eyes in Macedonia
the fire in his Montenegran eyes
the cloudy tears of the Czech Republic
that nostalgic Albanian sunset
those secret Serbian handshakes
The Bosnian pastor's determination to share Christ's love in his city
 the jazzy cobblestone streets of Lithuania
Sharing God's love within the rock and metal scene...

its quite a  relentless mystery all these memories
perhaps certain moments aren't meant to marry each other
they aren't supposed to make sense
or to be understood by others
but rather a beautiful heart reflection between you and God...

No comments:

Post a Comment